CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW COMMISSION
Appointed December 23rd 2002
- Paul L. Adderley
- Harvey Tynes, QC
- Vice Chairmen
- Lester Mortimer
- Michael Barnett
- Asst. Superintendent of Police Keith Bell
- RBDF Officer Loren Klein
- Rt. Reverend Drexel Gomez
- Bishop Samuel Greene
- Willie Moss
- Hope Strachan
- Clare Sands
- Maurice Glinton
- Senior Pastor Rex Major
- Pastor Keith Albury
- Darron Cash
- Tara Cooper
- Calvin Kemp
- Obie Ferguson
- Sharmaine Miller
- Brenda Sawyer
- Brian Simms
- Robert Adams
- Ethegra Symonette
- Robert Farquharson
- Mandate of Commission
- To carry out a comprehensive review of the Constitution
of The Bahamas and related consequential amendments to other laws where
necessary and the method of adopting and amending the new Constitution.
- To inquire into whether it may be advisable to reform
or revise the existing Constitution.
- To engage in nation-wide consultation and dialogue with
the Bahamian people, associations and academic institutions as an
intrinsic part of the foregoing inquiry.
- To submit to the government and make public, the
Provisional Report on Constitutional reform within two years.
- To submit to the government, a final report, amending
the first report if necessary, which too will be made public.
- The Commission shall be at liberty to do all such other
things as it may from time to time consider necessary, in order to give
effect to the foregoing terms of reference.
Bahamas Constitution: Options for Change Handbook